June 12, 2015

{ban.do}

BAN.DO AGENDA
2015-2016

i can`t tell you how many emails, texts, messages i received after posting this picture on instagram. to be quite honest, i was a very nervous when i decided to make the switch from the erin condren life planner to the ban.do agenda. after four years of the life planner (previous posts here and here) and loving it for the most part, this past year`s changes to the planner really annoyed me enough to give up on it for this coming year (my year always starts in the fall). before i start my review of the new ban.do agenda, i`ll give you my take on both planners as requested.
.
.
.
.
.
.
i have absolutely zero complaint about the inside of the planner. personally, i used the month and week views very differently. in the month view, i washi-taped events and important things i needed to see at a glance. this is wear i put birthdays, meetings, appointments, and my work schedule. in the week view, i put more detailed information. the morning/day/night layout was where i was really able to utilize the planner. i taped off the parts of the days i worked so i could visually see when i had a free moments in my day. this is also where i would write down the specific times for my appointments. i also loved that i could tape off the whole week so i could see ongoing events and things for work/kimchi`s vacations. it really helped me keep track of everything i needed to know (esp. when my packages were arriving!! 
however, i hated that they switched to removable covers. i don`t even put too much inside my planner aside from washi tapes (which are thin), but my covers fell off literally every time i moved it or had it in my handbag. it was not functional at all and i wish there was the option of choosing whether or not you want to have the removable feature. also, previously you were able to have your year start and end when you wanted. for example, my planners were all october-october, but this year i had no option for that. instead, my planner this year was october 2015-january 2016. the added months made it too bulky for my taste. these two "minor" changes they made is really what turned me off about the planner and pushed me to make the decision to switch to another planner. not to mention, the covers bubbled more this year because of the constant falling off and putting back on. you can iron it carefully to remove the bubbles, but that`s not really a step that i should have to take.
.
.
.
.
.
.
the cuteness of the planner really sold me, you know how much i`m a sucker for packaging! as you`ll see later in the post, it comes with such cute stickers and little blurbs. my main concerns with the planner as of right now are that a)it`s a 17-month calendar, which i don`t personally prefer  b)it`s much smaller than the erin condren so i`ll have to get used to the month view being smaller (wahh..can`t use as much washi tape!) c)it`s a bounded book so i may run into problems when writing unlike the erin condren coiled pages d)it`s a horizontal layout that i was never able to utilize prior to using the erin condren planners. as i said to a lot of people, i`m just starting to use the ban.do agenda so i`ll have to touch base later on how i feel once i really dig in. for now, the cute factor has me all obsessed.
i ordered the sticker book. zomg cute. i almost don`t want to use them!
this is the first place you get the opportunity to customize your planner. i always put a lot of thought into how to make something mine and have been adding glitter initials on all my previous life planners, so it`s no change here. (i saw the erin condren video on the new monogramming feature and would like to shamelessly note that i`ve been doing it all along! -_______-)
the planner itself includes a sampling of the stickers, but because i didn`t plan on using them (aesthetically, how ugly would it be to have a page with missing stickers..) so i purchased the sticker book separately. of course you don`t have to, but again..it was a personal choice.
year in advance views are pretty standard and i never use them, so i`m glad not too much space was wasted with these. does anyone ever use them? i`m curious to see how to utilize it! let me know if you have some input!! there was a few pages of holidays, etc but i didn`t think it was necessary to show you pictures of that.
before each month starts, there are fab intro pages. i love that each one is different and so fun. i enjoy this as a way to welcome the new months.
there are note pages before each month. i really wanted to start my planner early (the book starts in august), so i used the note pages before august to create my own june and july. this was the site i used to print the templates!
obviously i couldn`t help myself so i dug into my planner right when i got it. i always put everyone`s birthdays in first. if you see my previous posts, i loved the erin condren birthday photo stickers, so i did order them from her again this year. since the month view is so tiny, i`ll be putting the sticker photos in the week views to keep me interested in filling my weeks out. also because the month view is smaller, i use the thin washi tapes here.
the week view is where i`m a skeptic, but i`m hoping that it`ll work out. because it`s a horizontal view, i don`t like that i have to repeatedly write the same things for long-term events, but i guess it gives me a reason to break out the washi tapes. this will be my area to really utilize the fun side of my brain, so i`m excited. as you can see, i already lightly decorated some pages. i use mini stickers to track my paydays, period days, and kimchi`s medical payments. it`s more fun than writing repeat things down! 
the back cover is a little folder. i like that this doesn`t seem like it`ll rip because it opens at the inside edge. i put extra stickers and business cards in here.

*don`t forget, if you write big or like more space, ban.do also has a bigger book option that`s super cute. i did see it in person and it`s not too much bigger than the erin condren life planners, but i really wanted a smaller book.

i would love to hear what you use to organize your schedule, it`s something i really enjoy doing and am passionate about so i love learning new ways to be efficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment